How Spam and Virus Filtration with Cisco IronPort Can Help
IronPort is a sophisticated email filtering device that can prevent your inbox from filling up with unwanted spam email that may contain scams, viruses or other harmful material. IronPort is not a piece of software but rather a stand alone machine that operates autonomously and continually receives updates on new email threats.
IronPort Filters Out:
- Junk mail
- Email scams
- Unsolicited offers and adult material
- Spyware – Programs that collect information about users without their knowledge
- Malware – Software designed to cause harm to your computer
- Browser Hijackers – Software that removes your control over web browser functions
- Phishing – Viral programs designed to capture sensitive personal information and send it to another party
According to the Symantec Intelligence Report: February 2012, 68.9 percent of all mail sent in the US was spam. Why spend any amount of time each day sorting through spam and potential threats when IronPort can prevent it from ever arriving in your in box?
According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics approximately 8.6 million households had cases of identity theft or credit card fraud from 2005-2010.
The Symantec Intelligence Report: February 2012 had the following findings:
- Virus Rate US – one in every 436.5 emails.
- Phishing Levels US – one in every 753.5 emails
Repairing a computer infected with a virus is expensive and the cost of being a victim of identity theft is immeasurable. Preventing harmful emails from ever reaching your inbox is what IronPort does best.
Contact us to sign up or if you have any questions regarding our service.